On March 31, 2009, the FAR Councils issued several new interim rules (effective March 31, 2009) implementing the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 (P.L. 111-5) (also known as ARRA, The Recovery Act, or the Stimulus Act). See Federal Acquisition Circular (FAC) 2005-32, published at 74 Federal Register 14621-14652. The FAC issued new interim rules on a number of areas required under the Stimulus Act, including:
- Reporting Requirements for Recipients of Recovery Funds (see 74 Federal Register 14639)
- Publicizing Contract Actions (see 74 Federal Register 14636)
- GAO and IG Access to Company Employees (see 74 Federal Register 14646)
- Whistleblower Protections (see 74 Federal Register 14633)
- Buy American Requirements for Construction Materials (see 74 Federal Register 14623)
This blog focuses on the final three sets of rules – those relating to Auditor access; Whistleblower protections; and Buy American requirements. The first set of rules is discussed separately here.